- I have two open positions for PhD students in the area of flow and transport in fractured media. Please contact me with your full CV if interested. I am looking for a student with background in groundwater, fluid mechanics, and numerical modeling.
- [April 2, 2021] Rachel Tripp, an undergrad intern mentored by Sang and Peter, received best poster award award from the UMN Earth Student Research Symposium. Congratulations, Rachel!!
- [March 17, 2021] Peter Kang received a UMN McKnight Land-Grant Professorship.
- [Jan. 25, 2021] Peter Kang received an NSF CAREER award for his project: “Predicting Transport, Mixing, and Reaction in Three-dimensional Heterogeneous Fractured Media Across Scales”.
- Peter Kang will serve as Associate Editor for Hydrogeology Journal from 2021 to 2024.
Welcome to the webpage of Kang Research Group!
We are a group of motivated and passionate researchers and students who advance our fundamental understanding of coupled flow processes in porous and fractured media. We combine theory, high-performance numerical simulation, machine learning, and visual laboratory experiments to understand how the coupling between multiple processes such as biogeochemical, thermal, and mechanical processes controls fluid flow and reactive transport in hydrologic and subsurface systems across spatial scales (from pore to field scale).